Dandruff is a hair problem that happens to everyone from time to time, whether men or women. But there is a lot of misconception about dandruff as it is contagious or causes hair loss. Well, are these real or not? Let's examine what you know wrong about dandruff.
- Dandruff is thought to be caused by dry scalp, but dandruff is more common on oily scalp. The cells on the scalp constantly renew themselves. If the cells grow too fast compared to the destruction rate, this causes dandruff.
- Dandruff is thought to be incurable, but dandruff can be cured. Even if you don’t get rid of it completely, you can keep it under control with shampoo.
- Using oily products is not good for dandruff. Oils such as olive oil or coconut oil create more oily and sticky dandruff on the scalp.
- Trying to get rid of dandruff before shampooing your head is both difficult and wrong because it damages your scalp and can lead to inflammation.
- Contrary to those who say that if you have dandruff hair, you should wash your hair less, you should wash it every day to get rid of dandruff. Using hair cleansing tonics and dandruff shampoo will help reduce the rate of dandruff.
- Peel to your scalp. Peeling can eliminate dandruff on your scalp without harming your skin.
- Hair styling products (gel, wax, etc.) are thought to cause dandruff, but these products do not trigger dandruff. Dandruff occurs due to genetics, stress and eating habits
- Dandruff can cause hair loss. In addition, if your scalp is not good, this will affect your hair growth.
- Dandruff occurs more in winter, not in summer. During the winter months, people start eating foods that can cause dandruff. These foods are full-fat dairy products, sugary or spicy products. Also, stress is more during the colder months. Less shampoo is used during showers is used and these can contribute to the formation of dandruff.
- Exfoliation of your scalp may not just be caused by dandruff. Your scalp may exfoliate for reasons such as eczema and fungus.
- Dandruff is not contagious. The fungus that causes dandruff is a fungus that can be found on everyone's scalp. So, there is no possibility of transmission from person to person. You can deal with dandruff by using dandruff shampoos.
You now know a lot about dandruff and know what to do if you have a dandruff scalp!