Depending on the genetic structure and androgens, it is the condition seen in the 20s and 30s in the post pubertal period and occurs primarily when the hairline in the forehead area is pulled and the crown area becomes thinner. AGA affects 80% of men and 50% of women. AGA is not considered as a disease, but rather as the characteristic structure of men. As it can cover the whole head, it is mostly not seen in the temples and nape area.
In addition to genetic reasons in AGA, the following issues are also important:
- The number of androgen receptors in the hair is high in people with AGA. Although the hormone is at a normal level, since the number of receptors that binds it is high, the hormone has a lot of effect on the hair.
- Their receptors are more sensitive.
- These cases have more 5-alpha reductase (5-alphaR) enzyme activity.
- Aging and 5-alpha reductase enzymes are the leading causes.
- Aging; The strength of the aging organism decreases. Since hair is also a part of the organism, aging reduces the durability of the hair; In addition, as we age, the sensitivity of the follicles to androgens increases and the problem of hair loss gradually increases.
5-alpha reductase (5-alphaR); 5-alphaR is an enzyme found in high concentrations especially in the male reproductive tissues, genital area and liver. 5-alpha reductase (5 alphaR), found in the cell cytoplasm and nucleus membrane, converts testosterone to dihydrotestosterone (DHT), an active androgen. DHT causes the terminal hair follicles to shrink (miniaturization) by binding to the relevant receptors on the hair follicles. Weak, thin and colorless (vellus) hair begins to grow in miniaturized roots.
Inhibition of the 5-alpha reductase enzyme; 5-alpha reductase enzyme blockers prevent the formation of DHT. Thus, hair loss is prevented first, and in the following time, the thinned, vellus-sized hair begins to grow again, thicken and take its color. Since the growth of hair is a long process, the effect is expected to occur at least a year later. Myricetin inhibits the 5-alphaR1 and chemferol 5-alphaR2 isoenzyme from plant-derived compounds.
To solve the AGA problem in especially men:
- Elimination of hair damage
- Controlling dandruff and seborrhea
- Acceleration of hair growth
- And, prevention of hair loss are the first thing that are tried.
The products prepared in this direction are desired to be able to moisturize the hair deeply, increase the oxygen delivered to the cells, accelerate the microcirculation in the scalp and reduce the skin lipids.