If you have an oily scalp, you can witness that your hair becomes oily even during the day and after a shower. It is almost unlikely that the dull and flat hair will look cool and lively. The source of this oiliness is the sebum secreted by the sebaceous glands under the skin. Sebum is an important liquid for regulating the pH level of the scalp and protecting the skin from germs and bacteria. Sebum, whose main task is to strengthen the defense system of the skin by moisturizing the scalp, causes hair to fall out and get oily when it is produced excessively. For this reason, if we pay attention to the fact that the shampoos that we choose for oily hair care are shampoos that also balance the moisture in the hair, we may have a chance to prevent excessive oiliness in the hair.
Tips for Oily Hair
Since oily scalp is considered as a hair problem and a skin disease, it is useful to apply hair care techniques that are specifically for oily hair. If we give a few tips for oily hair care, first of all, it is useful to say that you should not play with your hair. Many people love to play with their hair or they love it when someone else play with it as a way of relaxation. Every time your hands come into contact with the hair, the hair will get a little oilier. However, you can reduce the moisture of your hair by using shampoos that appropriate for your own hair type such as Bioxsine. Don’t to use hair creams, at least try not to apply it to the scalp. Apart from these, if you are one of those people who ask the question of whether oily hair falls out, the increase in the amount of sebum in the hair may disrupt the pH balance of the hair, and if the correct products and cares for oily scalp are not applied, oily hair can become much drier and weaker. In this case, it is possible to say that hair loss problem may occur. For this reason, it is very important to nourish the hair follicles with vitamins as much as possible, and to apply products that fit your hair type and specially produced for oily hair.
Why Does Your Hair Get Oily?
We have said that excess sebum secretion can lead to oily hair and hair loss. The reasons for the excessive secretion of this liquid that causes oily in the hair are as follows;
- The most important reason is due to genetic factors, and straight hair can get oily more easily than curly hair because oil can reach the hair much more easily.
- The use of the wrong products is another reason that causes the hair to become oily. Using of shampoos, creams or masks that are not suitable for the hair can cause an increase in the oil in the hair follicles.
- Playing with the hair constantly and washing the hair with very hot water is another factor that can cause oily hair.
- The application of treatments that require excessive heat is another factor that makes the hair oily.
Hair Care Recommendations for Oily Hair
We have talked about the factors that can cause the hair to become oily. The answer to the question of how to get rid of oily hair is actually simple. You can solve the oily scalp problem by applying some tricks.
- You should avoid fatty foods such as fast-food.
- Shampoos produced against oily hair such as Bioxcin should be preferred and products such as hair sprays, mousses and gels should be avoided as much as possible.
- Minimizing the contact with the hair during the day and combing the hair less will decrease the oil production.
- You should have shower with warm water rather than hot water because hot water will dry out the hair and eventually the scalp will produce more sebum to moisturize the hair, which will cause the hair to become oily quickly.
- It is important to help the scalp breathe and to stay away accessories such as hats.
- You shouldn’t tie your hair too tight.
- It is important to rinse the hair thoroughly with plenty of water and make sure that there is no shampoo or cream left on the hair after shower.