Although hair oily seen in many people is a physiological problem, it is also a condition that can lead to psychological problems in the person. Hair oil, which can disturb people a lot in daily life, can actually be prevented. There are a few steps that need to be followed to prevent oily hair. Before taking these steps, the reasons for oily hair should be identified.
What Causes Oily Hair?
Oily hair is caused by the increase in sebum oil in the scalp. Greasy hair caused by sebum oil gets dirty much more quickly and prevents the hair from getting air by blocking the pores in the scalp. Conditions that cause hair to become oily:
- Annoying events in daily life
- Using hair care products that contain chemical substances
- Touching frequently the hair during the day
- Unbalanced and unhealthy diet. Especially, consuming fatty food constantly
- Rinsing the hair with hot water
- Having hormone problems
- In cases such as adolescence or pregnancy, hair oily can be seen much more frequently.
How to Prevent Oily Hair
- Hair Washing Routine: Although washing the hair to degrease seems like the most logical solution, it actually causes the hair to become oilier. The natural oil of the hair that is washed every day disappears and the scalp starts to produce sebum oil by trying to replace the removed oil. Thus, the hair becomes much oilier. For this reason, it would be better to wash the hair every other day. At the same time, avoid touching products such as hair conditioner to the scalp during washing. Another substance that increases the oil in the hair is hot water, so rinsing the hair with cold or warm water will prevent the hair from getting an oily appearance.
- Changing the Habits that Cause the Hair Get Oily: One of the conditions that cause oily hair is nutritional habits. It would be good to avoid carbohydrates and trans fats in your diet. At the same time, avoiding hair straightening and constantly combing the hair will also reduce hair greasiness.
- Choosing hair care products such as jelly, hair care oil, mousse, conditioner or shampoo that are produced specifically for oily hair can prevent oily hair.